I made a quiet book for my daughter and entered it in Spoonflower’s baby book contest. Click on any image to see it larger.
Instructions (included in the kit, but may be more easily revised here):
To finish each page:
1) Add your own pocket at lower edge of hay (at beige dots) to hold your own finger puppets (cow, pig, chicken, etc). Add felt barn doors at each side.
2) Add 5 snaps to tree. Use template to add basket at dots. Use template to cut out felt apples; add snaps.
3) Add long yarn “hair” to the head. Add ribbons at top and/or bottom of page to hold small hair clips.
4) Attach vertical and horizontal felt strips to the pie at small guidelines at top (blue) and left (beige). Or use thinner strips for a more realistic look.
5) Fuse shoe top to interfacing. Cut holes at green dots; reinforce. Sew to shoe over tongue. Add shoelace.
6) Add tent with zipper down the center.
Seam allowance is the 1/2-inch shaded area (pink, blue and green); cut to the outside to make 3 double pages.
Complete pages as above. Sew a heavy cover fabric (9” x 12”) to one of the pieces, right sides facing, leaving space to turn. Sew other two completed page spreads together, likewise.
Turn all right side out, and top stitch all the way around. Stitch book together through center of page spreads.
Thanks for checking it out! View fabric at Spoonflower.